Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, October 2, 2016

I, Robot: The Illustrated Screenplay

I, Robot: The Illustrated Screenplay, Harlan Ellison, iBooks, 2004

For a number of years, attempts had been made to bring Isaac Asimov's I, Robot stories to the silver screen. In the late 1970's, the task was given to Harlan Ellison, winner of nearly every major fiction award that is available (except for the Pulitzer and the Nobel). This screenplay is his answer.

Ellison's introduction chronicles the screenplay's journey through the jungles of Hollywood. It actually incorporates several of Asimov's stories into the script. This would have been an incredible movie if it was made (alas, that never happened). It gives the viewer an interesting story, with excellent writing, instead of relying on sex, violence or car chases.

This really is the greatest science fiction movie never made. It is very highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment